A handful of ingredients is all it takes to make this mouthwatering vegan, palm oil free version of the famous Nutella. It’s healthier than the stuff from the supermarket, filled with as close to natural ingredients as you can get- and will satisfy your Nutella Cravings!
This recipe first featured in my Vegan Nutella Whoopie Cookies (A VIP Club House Recipe), but has been dying to make an appearance of it’s own.
- YIELD: 2 cups
- PREP: 10 mins
- COOK: 10 mins
- READY IN: 20 mins
- 3 cups Raw Hazelnuts seeds only
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or sweetener of your choice (optional, especially if your chocolate is sweet)
- 1 vanilla bean pod seeds only
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Arrange the hazelnuts on a baking tray and put into a high oven for 10 minutes, being careful not to burn them.
- When the hazelnuts have cooled, roll them in between a clean, dry tea towel to remove the loose skins (it doesn't need to be perfect)
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to two weeks
- Put the hazelnuts, melted chocolate, vanilla bean paste and salt in a blender, and process until smooth. You may need to stop and scrape the sides down occasionally - or add a drop of coconut oil to add some liquid