- YIELD: Serves 2 (2 Servings)
- COOK: 40 mins
The bowl. Bowls are wonderful. Bowls create a glorious, balanced meal....wholegrains, beans for protein, vegies and yummy herbs and spices.
- 1 Cup Quinoa Rinsed (Or Brown Rice-Cook As Per Packet)
- 1 Cup Red Kidney Beans Rinsed And Soaked Overnight
- 1 Cup Coriander
- Juice Of 1 Lime
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Small Zucchini Sliced
- 1 Small Onion Diced
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 Avocado
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 Small Red Onion Diced
- 1/4 Cup Red Capsicum Diced
- Rinse beans and bring the boil in a large pot, then simmer for 2 hours, or until soft (this depends on how fresh the beans are).
- Spoon the foam off the top as it boils.
- Drain and rinse beans and set aside
- Bring the quinoa to a boil in a small pot (watch the water levels-make sure it doesn't dry out and burn) allow to simmer for about 15 minutes, then turn off the stove and allow to sit for another 10 minutes
- Drain quinoa and pour lime juice on top, and stir through half of the coriander. Set aside
- In a fry pan, saute the onions, zucchini, cumin, chilli and garlic
- Add the kidney beans, and crushed tomatoes and simmer until the zucchini is soft
- To serve:
- Layer the quinoa, shredded lettuce, beans, avocado, diced onion and capsicum and top with another squeeze of lime, and more coriander.
- I used Coyo on my Mexi-bowl tonight- WOW!
- CUISINE: Mexican
- COURSE: Main Meals
- SKILL LEVEL: Easy
Leave a comment