YIELD: Tagine serves 4 as a main, used in wraps it will serve 8
PREP: 10 mins
COOK: 35 mins
READY IN: 45 mins
- Heat up oil in your tagine, or a heavy based pot
- Cook onions lightly, then drop the heat to medium, and layer pumpkin, sweet potato and chickpeas
- Mix the tomatoes, spices and water together and pour over vegies
- Put lid on, and allow to cook at a low-medium heat for 25-35 minutes, or until sweet potato is soft (pumpkin will soften faster)
- Be very careful lifting the lid, as there will be a lot of heat and steam!
- Add the spinach and leave to wilt for a few minutes
- You can serve the tagine with rice, cous cous or bread.
- To use in wraps:
- Use a tablespoon or two of the tagine in some fresh, wholemeal pita bread
- Toast in a sandwich press for 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly golden
- Top with some yummy tofutti!
Leave a comment