Is there anything better than a creamy pasta? I was craving something creamy, carb-y, something a little bit delicious…and was transported back to the night I had Mushroom Stroganoff.
I had the same craving then as well.
But I wanted to make it a bit lighter…not as many spices, stripped back and with more of the focus on the ‘cream’ factor.
Coconut cream on it’s own can be overpowering; especially when we’re talking a classic take on a famed Italian pasta dish (oh, the humanity!).
What would my ex Italian boyfriends mama say? Probably throw me out of the kitchen in a rage.
So, I had to pare back the coconut notes.
Salt and turmeric. Turmeric and salt.
Magic ingredients that seem to add a level of earthiness and cut through the fattiness, instead allowing the pasta to soak up the cream, and not the coconut.
- YIELD: 4 Servings
- PREP: 10 mins
- COOK: 15 mins
- READY IN: 25 mins
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Onions chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove crushed
- 500 g Fresh Button Mushrooms sliced finely
- 400 ml Full Fat Coconut Cream
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 pkt Linguine or pasta of choice
- dried chilli flakes
- Fresh Parsley to serve
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over a medium heat, and sauté onions and garlic until tender and fragrant; about 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add the mushrooms, and cook for a further ten minutes. The mushrooms will release water that will evaporate, and they'll cook down by half the original amount (so if you love mushies, feel free to use more!)
- Add coconut cream to the onion/mushroom mix and stir well. Bring to a low simmer, add turmeric, salt and pepper, and chilli flakes.
- At this point, add the pasta to the pot, and cook until al'dente.
- Drain pasta, return to the pot with a small amount of the water the pasta cooked in, and pour the mushroom sauce over the top.
- Toss pasta and sauce together well, and serve immediately, with a shower of parsley and some freshly cracked pepper.
- CUISINE: Italian
- COURSE: Main Meals
- SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
камни знака зодиака
декабрь знак зодиака камень
камни знака зодиака овны
близнец камень знака зодиака
раки знак зодиака камни
дева камни знака зодиака
рубин камень знак зодиака
знаки зодиака камни рыбы
знак зодиака камни близнецы
камни знак зодиака рак
[url=https://newsaboutss.blogspot.com/2021/05/blog-post.html]знаки зодиака драгоценный камень
[url=https://aboutnews2k.blogspot.com/2021/05/blog-post.html]знаки зодиака камень талисман
[url=https://bestnewsones.blogspot.com/2021/05/blog-post.html]камни у знаков зодиака
знак зодиака деву камень
драгоценные камни знаки зодиака
знак зодиака камень свойства
камни знака зодиака овена
драгоценный камни знаков зодиака
Leave a comment